Southeastern Freight Lines - Same man, same job, same unpleasant encounter
My father orders inventory from a company located in California.I only heard about this incident in great detail today when Southeastern Freight Lines arrived to deliver our restaurant inventory.
I was told that this man refused last week to deliver our things up the driveway unless we helped, which we were told not to by the company in California. They said that it's a liability if we help because we could get hurt, then where would we be? So last week, the man just up and left with our stuff. Now the company in California paid Southeastern Freight Lines to deliver it again and yesterday when my cousin called the company, they said so long as there are people home there should be no problem getting our items to where we want them to be.
What liars, there were three of us today and the man still just left the items at the end of our driveway. He said to me, "I'm a mailman. My job is to leave it right where I left it." My response was that "No man has ever left our stuff at the end of the driveway. And these aren't mail.
These are boxes." In which his response was, "This is mail. You get boxes in the mail too." I mean, wth? I should have told him that "No, You're not a mail man. You are a delivery man.
Your job is to deliver items to where we want you to, usually people deliver to the door. What kind of a bs delivery man are you?" Like honestly, they were very curt and unpleasant to my cousin when he called and asked them when they would be re-delivering our items. This man today took advantage of my naivete when I signed the papers, because I didn't know what occurred last week. The pictures attached are where the man left our items.
Allow me to remind you that there were three people on hand to help push it up the driveway.
We have been asked to do it before and we have done it before, until we were told that we actually should not be.Needless to say, the company we order our merchandise from will no longer be using Southeastern Freight Lines if they can help it.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Order Delivery
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "On March 4, 2014, we requested moving service from moving associate Mr. Ernie McNab who represents himself as a sales associate with Transworld Van Lines. We were living in Orlando..."
- "Hello! I was wanting to thank all the helpful reviews here on this site! I was saved precious money that could be used for Christmas items!It started with me looking..."
- "I had yet another bad experience with U-Haul. This is my second move with them in six years and both were horrible experiences. Regarding my contract number 22894473, I picked up..."
- "I purchased several rooms of furniture from Ashley furniture online in December 2015. Everything delivered by UPS was damaged SEVERAL times, and on the final UPS delivery I actually met..."
- "On two occasions I've purchased essence hair club. I live in VA so I can easily go into their little room (literally a little room with one desk and a..."
- "I received the ring as a gift. My mom.was disappointed aboit it but gave it to me anyway. It is false advertising because the ring I received was..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- " I ordered a T-shirt from TeeChip that was SUPPOSED to be supporting Democrats, I got a completely switched around shirt that supports Republican’s instead. It’s a pretty obvious color..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."