Southeastern Freight Lines - Same man, same job, same unpleasant encounter
My father orders inventory from a company located in California.I only heard about this incident in great detail today when Southeastern Freight Lines arrived to deliver our restaurant inventory.
I was told that this man refused last week to deliver our things up the driveway unless we helped, which we were told not to by the company in California. They said that it's a liability if we help because we could get hurt, then where would we be? So last week, the man just up and left with our stuff. Now the company in California paid Southeastern Freight Lines to deliver it again and yesterday when my cousin called the company, they said so long as there are people home there should be no problem getting our items to where we want them to be.
What liars, there were three of us today and the man still just left the items at the end of our driveway. He said to me, "I'm a mailman. My job is to leave it right where I left it." My response was that "No man has ever left our stuff at the end of the driveway. And these aren't mail.
These are boxes." In which his response was, "This is mail. You get boxes in the mail too." I mean, wth? I should have told him that "No, You're not a mail man. You are a delivery man.
Your job is to deliver items to where we want you to, usually people deliver to the door. What kind of a bs delivery man are you?" Like honestly, they were very curt and unpleasant to my cousin when he called and asked them when they would be re-delivering our items. This man today took advantage of my naivete when I signed the papers, because I didn't know what occurred last week. The pictures attached are where the man left our items.
Allow me to remind you that there were three people on hand to help push it up the driveway.
We have been asked to do it before and we have done it before, until we were told that we actually should not be.Needless to say, the company we order our merchandise from will no longer be using Southeastern Freight Lines if they can help it.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Order Delivery
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought model home furniture to be used in a house I had under construction. I stored it at the Self-Store on 484 in Ocala, Florida, a storage facility..."
- "A friend found Carlos Catala/Carriers4Less for me. My son had just gone up to Virginia after finishing his A School for his Naval assignment. Instead of doing my own due..."
- " (This was sent to the salesmen who sold me this job) I just wanted to let you know how unhappy I was with our move. I tried calling you..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "I bought a lehenga and a saree from Fashion Ka Fatka USA. Firstly I received the item in some 1.5 months (AFTER A LONG WAIT) and that too with the..."
- "This is the worst knights inn I have ever had the misfortune of staying at.None of the ammenities listed online are true.No breakfast of any sort,no business area, no pets,..."
- "I received the ring as a gift. My mom.was disappointed aboit it but gave it to me anyway. It is false advertising because the ring I received was..."